The editors welcome submissions from multiple theoretical perspectives and disciplines that correspond to Iran Namag‘s mission. The editors strongly encourage the use of electronic means for submission and correspondence. If you are submitting a manuscript to a special issue, please send formatted submissions by email attachment directly to the special editor. If you are submitting a manuscript for a general issue, please send your formatted submission by email attachment to the Editor-in-Chief, Mohamad Tavakoli-Targhi submissions at irannamag dot org . Please do not send manuscripts in the body of an email. If you do not have access to an email attachment function, manuscripts may be mailed to:
Dr. Mohamad Tavakoli-Targhi
Editor-In-Chief, Iran Namag
Department of Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations
University of Toronto
4 Bancroft Avenue
Canada M5C 1C1
Manuscript Preparation Style
1. Manuscripts (text, quotations, and endnotes) should be between 5,000 and 8,000 words, double-spaced, and in 12-point type.
2. The style of the manuscripts should first adhere to the rules in IranNamag style guide. For issues not covered in the style guide, refer to The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed.
3. All citations should be verified for accuracy and should adhere to the Documentation guidelines in the Iran Namag style guide.
The editorial board makes every attempt to expedite the review process. We endeavor, whenever possible, to render a decision within two months of receipt of a manuscript and to publish an article within one year of acceptance.
1. All graphics should be submitted as individual, production-quality files.
2. Continuous tone images should be should be submitted as TIFF or EPS files with a 600-900 dpi resolution.
3. Charts, graphs or schema (lineart) should ideally be submitted as TIFF or EPS files with a 1200 dpi resolution.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.